Prior to moving into your lease, the centre's caretaker, manager or project manager, has reviewed the lease for errors and omissions. It has also been verified that any refurbishment and interior design work is completed and performed in the condition and quality that is agreed in your lease.
When moving in, you will meet with the property caretaker of the lease and typically the following occurs:
- You receive keys/cards to the lease and possibly also ramps or other public areas that you need to access
- You agree on the wording and the design of nameplate or other signs to the mailbox, information stands, etc.
- The electricity meter is read and it is agreed who will notify the utility company
- You check that all consumption meters (heat, water, and other) are read (the janitor has the task of registering new tenants). In some centers this is run – partially or completely – through the joint trading account, and have therefore no separate gauges
- You check that the installations work (taps in the toilet and kitchenette, lock, scroll bars, windows and doors)
- You review practical conditions in the centre
- You will receive an occupancy report.