Moving out

When leaving the rental unit, there must be a moving out inspection - a review of the lease with the property caretaker or the project manager who is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the property. At the inspection it will be noted in a report which repairs need to be carried out in the lease. 

Repairs in the rental period

The lease must be repaired during your rental period. This means that the taking over and moving out of the property must be done on the same day.

The remodeling and repairs therefore often happen in one of the following ways:

  • The lease is remodeled by craftsmen prior to you moving out the property.
  • Remodeling requirements are agreed (depends on the wording in the leases contract). The expenditure for this purpose shall be determined — possibly by obtained offers on the agreed work – and the refurbishment carried out later.

Small leases are often redone, while in the case of larger leases, it is formulated in the rental contract which refurbishment works are to be carried out in when moving out. The craftsmen's prices will be predetermined from deals, and the difference between amounts from the collected deals and the amount specified in the relocation report will be settled in the moving out report.

Moving inspection

At the moving inspection the property caretaker or the property's project manager records the number on the electric meter that provides the lease with electricity. If you have not read the meter and reported the figure to the utility company – then we will do it.

When the moving inspection is completed, you as the tenant will no longer have access to the rental unit. Therefore, all keys/cards are to be delivered. The caretaker or project manager also often takes pictures of the lease as proof of the tenancy’s condition upon  moving out.

When the moving report is filled out by the landlord or the project manager you or your representative will receive a copy. As a receipt that you have received the moving report, it should be signed by you or your representative – alternatively be forwarded to you with registered mail.


If you do not agree that the listed works should be performed on your behalf, DEAS subsequently needs to be informed of this. You can notify this by writing it on the report or send us a letter with the points you cannot accept and therefore object to.

When all bills on the refurbishment work is available, or it is agreed what planned refurbishment works will cost, then we will prepare a settlement for the move. If the settlement exhibits a surplus, the amount will be settled by cheque or by transferring the amount to the account, we have been informed of.

We will try to settle within 6-8 weeks from the date of the transfer, but with the moving out of very large leases it may take a while longer.


Read the business lease act

You can find the business lease act on

Read more


Find and sign our forms digitally.

Go to E-service