Utilities expenses

Heat and water are typically supplied to you by the homeowner association. Heat supply takes place either via own heating installation or via a heating company.

Each month or each quarter you receive an on-account bill for the payment of water and heat.

Calculation of consumption

The way in which the heat and water fiscal year runs differs from association to association. It is not unusual for the accounting periods for heating and water to be different to one another. You can ask in your association or contact us if you are in doubt.

At the end of the heating and/or water fiscal year, your consumption for the period will be calculated and you will receive a heating company bill and a water company bill. You will receive money in return or be charged, depending on whether you've paid too much or too little in the past fiscal year.

You can typically expect to receive heat and water accounts about four months after the end of the financial year.

In case of sale

If you are selling your unit in the middle of a heat and water financial year, you should be aware that water and heat accounts for the entire period are calculated and billed to the owner of the unit. The billing of these calculations are between the buyer and the seller and are therefore irrelevant to the homeowners association and DEAS.

Own heat supply

In individual cases the unit may have its own heating supply, e.g. using electric radiators or heat exchanger (typically only in close low construction).

Find the contact persons of your building quickly and easily.

Search here